The Blonde Side: Take Me Out to the Ballgame!
By Amber Leigh hartman
For those who haven’t noticed, the new stadium for your Dallas Cowboys is located particularly close to a certain major league ballpark (The Ballpark in Arlington).
Ladies and gentlemen, I would like to introduce you to the Texas Rangers (a.k.a the baseball team that plays across from the Cowboys)! In the spring and summer months, the Rangers are constantly running amazing promotions and hosting fun events to bring people out to catch a baseball game. The team breaks its back to get people to the games, when they really deserve a sold out crowd based on talent alone.
The Rangers strive to promote a “team first” attitude on personal gain within the organization. The entire team is supportive of one another and the togetherness shows on and off the field. Right now the Rangers are tearing up the A.L. West and are tied for the best record in baseball with the New York Yankees (who pay their three starting outfielders a combined salary the equivalent of our entire roster).
The Yankees have no problem filling the seats. . .so why should we? This is TEXAS Y’ALL! I need some state pride to kick in! I think everyone should take a look at this amazing team and start supporting the Cowboys’ neighbors a little more this summer!
Want some tips on how to beat the heat and have an amazing time at a Rangers game? Here are some of my insider secrets on how to keep your night cheap and fun. . .so take me out to the ballgame!
- If you have kids (or eat a lot) spring for the all-you-can eat-seats! You will end up spending just as much at the concessions trying to eat moderately, and at least you can stuff your face!
- Wednesday nights are “Dollar Hot Dog Night” at the ballpark, so get a hot date. . .and a cheap dinner!
- Friday night fireworks are EXTRA romantic and pretty in the ballpark. Take your leading lady on a surprise date! (Sports + Romance = Home Run)
- Pack a lunch! Don’t want to spend money on ballpark food? BRING YOUR OWN! You can have a bag full of anything you would like to bring. . .just make sure it’s finger food! (NO METAL, ALUMINUM OR GLASS!)
- BRING DRINKS! You can bring a 12×12” collapsible cooler into the ballpark, so stock up on your favorite soda, sports drink and water! Just remember, no glass, aluminum or metal AND make sure the bottles are sealed. (They will not allow you to bring alcohol into the ballpark, but the content inside your sealed, acceptable bottle is your business!)
- Win tickets from a radio station or check the web for free ticket giveaways. Less popular series and weekday games are always a little less busy and the security is very nice about letting polite, friendly fans sit just a little closer than what they paid for!
- LEXUS owners get free valet! Or CAR POOL with another couple, then split the cost of valet! $30 so $15 each isn’t bad! (Don’t go there. . .I know what you pay for Cowboys parking!)
- Check the Rangers website for their Buy One/Get One free tickets! (or any other great promotions they are running!)
- Go to a game with a concert after. Make it a date night! You just paid less for the ticket to the game than you ever would at a concert, and you’re right next to the entertainment. You’re welcome.
I’LL SEE Y’ALL AT THE BALLPARK!
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.