Cowboys News and Notes, 8/5/10: Marcus Spears Injures MCL
- The Cowboys fear defensive end Marcus Spears may have sprained his MCL.
The injury would keep him out 4-6 weeks. Either way, he won’t be playing in this weekend’s Hall of Fame game. Spears haters may rejoice, but the Cowboys are dropping like flies on the defensive line. Stephen Bowen should start in his place. The battle for playing time at defensive end is heating up.
- Want to know what a typical Cowboys practice is like?
The Cowboys have been doing a lot of live work this preseason, which may or may not explain the rash of injuries. Luckily, no one has been lost for a significant amount of time, i.e. the entire season.
- Michael Irvin says he made love in his Hall of Fame jacket.
I guess we can still call him “The Playmaker.”
Charles Haley on Training Camp Report
- Eagles quarterback Kevin Kolb and Troy Aikman are apparently B.F.F.
A lot of people are uneasy about this, but there isn’t much about which to get worked up over. Aikman loves the Cowboys. It isn’t like he is going to provide Kolb with any specific tips on how to beat his former team.
Two of the games–this weekend’s against the Bengals and August 28 in Houston–are on national television. The rest you can catch on NFL Network within 24 hours of game time.
- Rookie Akwasi Owusu-Ansah just started practicing, but he has yet to make any mental errors.
The IUP product is extremely intelligent and has obviously been paying attention during meetings. He also showed incredible burst on his first touch of training camp, a kick return. ‘Kwasi has a good shot to be the primary kick returner by Week One.
- The Cowboys’ offensive linemen received haircuts today.
Photos are below.