Week 12 NFL Power Rankings: Top Eight Teams All Survive
Biggest Risers: Dallas Cowboys, Washington Redskins (Six spots)
Biggest Faller: Oakland Raiders (Six spots)
1. New York Jets (8-2); Last Week- 1
What a ridiculous game for the Jets. It was huge for Mark Sanzhez’s confidence and the confidence of his teammates in him.
2. Atlanta Falcons (8-2); Last Week- 2
The more I watch the Falcons, the more I see a legitimate Super Bowel contender. How will anyone beat them at home in the playoffs?
3. New England Patriots (8-2); Last Week- 3
Only the Patriots seem to be able to confuse Peyton Manning.
4. Green Bay Packers (7-3); Last Week- 4
This was domination, and I have Aaron Rodgers and Greg Jennings on my fantasy team. I had 229 points this week. That’s not a misprint.
5. Pittsburgh Steelers (7-3); Last Week- 5
The Steelers’ main concern now should be securing home field advantage, or at least a first-round bye.
6. New Orleans Saints (7-3); Last Week- 6
Fairly easy win over Seahawks for the Saints before their arrival in Big D. It’s too bad New Orleans didn’t play that one in Seattle.
7. Philadelphia Eagles (7-3); Last Week- 7
Are the Eagles the best team in the NFC? If Michael Vick is playing well, then yes. They can hurt you in so many ways on offense.
8. Baltimore Ravens (7-3); Last Week- 8
Really tough game for the Ravens against a quarterback who is now 18-1 at home in his career.
9. San Diego Chargers (5-5); Last Week- 12
How much parody is there in the NFL? I have the 5-5 Chargers as the league’s ninth-best squad.
10. Indianapolis Colts (6-4); Last Week- 9
Peyton rallied the troops for a magnificent comeback in New England, but it wasn’t enough. Could Indy miss the postseason?
11. New York Giants (6-4); Last Week- 10
The G-Men are now riding a two-game losing streak and are in danger of sliding out of the playoff picture.
12. Tampa Bay Bucs (7-3); Last Week- 14
The Bucs are a tough matchup for many teams because their defense is playing so well.
13. Chicago Bears (7-3); Last Week- 15
The Bears are a .500 football team at best who just happens to have won two “extra” games.
14. Kansas City Chiefs (6-4); Last Week- 17
If the Cowboys played in the AFC West, they’d be just three games out of first place. If they played in the NFC West, it would be just two.
15. Jacksonville Jaguars (6-4); Last Week- 18
The Jags are on a three-game win streak for the first time in awhile. Hopefully they can beat the Giants next week.
16. Oakland Raiders (5-5); Last Week- 11
I thought Oakland would want to show the world they’re for real against Pittsburgh, but they laid an egg.
17. Miami Dolphins (5-5); Last Week- 13
Anyone who wants evidence that the Parcells/Sporano old-school approach doesn’t work anymore just needs to watch the Dolphins for one game.
18. Tennessee Titans (5-5); Last Week- 16
It would have been nice if the Titans could have taken down the ‘Skins, but they’re still one-dimensional.
19. Washington Redskins (5-5); Last Week- 25
I still have a glimmer of hope that Dallas can sneak into the playoffs at 9-7, but they need the Redskins to lose close games.
20. Dallas Cowboys (3-7); Last Week- 26
The Cowboys are at least giving fans a reason to be excited for the Thanksgiving game.
21. Seattle Seahawks (5-5); Last Week- 19
You’re looking at a team with sole possession of first place in their division.
22. Houston Texans (4-6); Last Week- 20
I’ll admit I watched the Texans-Jets game a bit after the Cowboys’ game ended, only to walk away after the Texans secured a late interception. What the hell happened?
23. San Francisco 49ers (3-7); Last Week- 21
For those who think the Cowboys need a “mean” coach, look at the Niners. They have one, and they’re awful.
24. Minnesota Vikings (3-7); Last Week- 22
My quote from last week is still relevant: “A couple Vikings players said they wouldn’t ‘give up like Dallas.’ They were right. They were still themselves as they gave up.”
25. St. Louis Rams (4-6); Last Week- 23
The Rams are one the right track, but they’re still a bit away from being a true division contender.
26. Cleveland Browns (3-7); Last Week- 24
I’m not sure how this team beat the Patriots.
27. Arizona Cardinals (3-7); Last Week- 27
How does a team this bad have the same record as Dallas?
28. Cincinnati Bengals (2-8); Last Week- 28
T.O.’s big numbers could come to a halt on Thursday as Darrelle Revis plans to shadow him.
29. Buffalo Bills (2-8); Last Week 30
The Bills could be 5-5 if they had a few breaks go their way earlier in the season.
30. Denver Broncos (3-7); Last Week- 29
Josh McDaniels is just an a**hole. . .still true from last week.
31. Detroit Lions (2-8); Last Week- 31
Why do the Lions always seem to be improving everywhere except in the win column?
32. Carolina Panthers (1-9); Last Week- 32
The Panthers hung in there against Baltimore and only lost by 24.