Week 13 NFL Power Rankings: Texans Not Out Yet
Biggest Riser: Houston Texans (Seven spots)
Biggest Faller: Washington Redskins (Six spots)
1. New York Jets (9-2); Last Week- 1
If you don’t watch the Jets take on New England this Monday night, you aren’t a football fan.
2. Atlanta Falcons (9-2); Last Week- 2
Matt Ryan is now 19-1 at home, and the Falcons looks poised to win home-field advantage throughout the playoffs.
3. New England Patriots (9-2); Last Week- 3
The Patriots are so good because they win the “easy” games and play tough in the difficult ones.
4. Pittsburgh Steelers (8-3); Last Week- 5
Big Ben never got it going against the Bills, but Pittsburgh still hung on for the win.
5. New Orleans Saints (8-3); Last Week- 6
I love to watch the Saints play–just not when it’s in a win over Dallas.
6. Green Bay Packers (7-4); Last Week- 4
The Packers are Falcons are evenly matched to me, but Green Bay is going to have to win on the road in the postseason.
7. Baltimore Ravens (8-3); Last Week- 8
The Ravens are really tough in January, but they want to make sure they win the AFC North first.
8. Philadelphia Eagles (7-4); Last Week- 7
The Eagles’ loss in Chicago was a bit surprising to me, and now they need to make sure they get back on track with so many 7+ win teams in the NFC.
9. San Diego Chargers (6-5); Last Week- 9
You know the NFL has changed when people are seriously talking about a 6-5 team as perhaps the best in its conference.
10. New York Giants (7-4); Last Week- 11
With Philly’s loss, the Giants are still in the driver’s seat for the NFC East.
11. Chicago Bears (8-3); Last Week- 13
I officially give up on the Bears. I still think this team should be .500 at best.
12. Kansas City Chiefs (7-4); Last Week- 14
San Diego is charging, but none of that matters to K.C. if they just keep on winning. They should be favored in every game except one (against the Chargers) from here on out.
13. Indianapolis Colts (6-5); Last Week- 10
The good news for Dallas as they head to Indy this week is that Peyton is struggling. The bad news is he always rebounds.
14. Tampa Bay Bucs (7-4); Last Week- 12
Tampa is playing tough against some of the league’s top teams. It’s amazing what a solid quarterback can do for you.
15. Houston Texans (5-6); Last Week- 22
Can the Texans turn this thing around? They’re shockingly just a game out of first place.
16. Miami Dolphins (6-5); Last Week- 17
I can’t stand watching the Dolphins play. Run, run, short pass, punt.
17. Jacksonville Jaguars (6-5); Last Week- 15
The Jags are not a legitimate contender, but have you checked out David Garrard’s passer rating lately?
18. Oakland Raiders (5-6); Last Week- 16
The Raiders still have a glimmer of hope because they play in the AFC West, but they’re making me look bad.
19. Tennessee Titans (5-6); Last Week- 18
How do you get shutout by the Texans? Start Rusty Smith at quarterback, I guess.
20. San Francisco 49ers (4-7); Last Week- 23
One game out of first place. Wow.
21. Minnesota Vikings (4-7); Last Week- 24
I really have nothing to say about the Vikings.
22. St. Louis Rams (5-6); Last Week- 25
I actually think St. Louis might be headed for the playoffs. If they aren’t at least .500, that will be tragic.
23. Cleveland Browns (4-7); Last Week- 26
Why is Peyton Hillis allowed to purposely go to the ground to celebrate touchdowns but Marc Colombo gets flagged for accidentally falling down?
24. Dallas Cowboys (3-8); Last Week- 20
My thoughts on the Cowboys’ loss are all over the place, so not much more to say.
25. Washington Redskins (5-6); Last Week- 19
It’s sad to watch Washington play and know that Dallas 1) lost to them and 2) has a worse record.
26. Seattle Seahawks (5-6); Last Week- 21
You’re looking at a team that it STILL tied for first in the NFC West5
27. Arizona Cardinals (3-8); Last Week- 27
28. Cincinnati Bengals (2-9); Last Week- 28
T.O. got a taste of Revis Island and came out empty-handed.
29. Buffalo Bills (2-9); Last Week 29
The Bills have now played well for about a month, which is surprising considering they may have the league’s worst personnel.
30. Denver Broncos (3-8); Last Week- 30
Josh McDaniels is just an a**hole. . .still true from last week, and the week before.
31. Detroit Lions (2-9); Last Week- 31
Suh should win Defensive Rookie of the Year, hands down.
32. Carolina Panthers (1-10); Last Week- 32
And John Fox is the coach some Cowboys fans want?