Week 15 NFL Power Rankings: Are the Saints the NFC’s Best?
Biggest Riser: Dallas Cowboys (Four spots)
Biggest Faller: New York Jets (Six spots)
1. New England Patriots (11-2); Last Week- 3
There’s really no doubt that this is the best team in the NFL right now.
2. New Orleans Saints (10-3); Last Week- 5
Some teams previously ranked ahead of the Saints didn’t lose, but I just think they’re the best in the NFC at this moment.
3. Pittsburgh Steelers (10-3); Last Week- 4
As long as Ben Roethlisberger and Troy Polamalu are healthy, Pittsburgh will be a contender.
4. Atlanta Falcons (11-2); Last Week- 2
If the Falcons win home-field advantage, they’ve got to be considered the favorites in the NFC.
5. Philadelphia Eagles (9-4); Last Week- 8
You have no idea how much it pains me to say this, but I love the Eagles’ offense. Their playbook is so innovative and their playmakers are jaw-dropping at times.
6. Baltimore Ravens (9-4); Last Week- 7
What an ending to what could have been a monumental collapse for Baltimore last night in Houston.
7. New York Jets (9-4); Last Week- 1
I think people are too down on the Jets right now. They’ll go as Mark Sanchez goes, and I think he’ll turn it around.
8. Green Bay Packers (8-5); Last Week- 6
If Aaron Rodgers can’t play this week, the Packers are in serious trouble.
9. San Diego Chargers (7-6); Last Week- 9
I have a lot of teams with better records than San Diego ranked behind them, so let’s hope they don’t prove me wrong.
10. New York Giants (9-4); Last Week- 10
I just can’t see this Giants team winning multiple games on the road in the playoffs.
11. Chicago Bears (9-4); Last Week- 11
I’ll give it one more week before I officially have to stop being a hater of the Bears.
12. Kansas City Chiefs (8-5); Last Week- 12
Is Jamaal Charles one of the league’s most underrated players or what? He’s averaging something like 5.6 yards-per-carry for his career.
13. Indianapolis Colts (7-6); Last Week- 13
Even in their worst season in a decade, the Colts still have a great opportunity to make the playoffs. It will come down to this Sunday’s game against the Jags.
14. Tampa Bay Bucs (8-5); Last Week- 14
There’s a good chance that all of Tampa’s effort this season goes unheralded, as they could easily miss the playoffs.
15. Jacksonville Jaguars (8-5); Last Week- 17
Beat Peyton Manning in Indy, and you’re in the playoffs. No pressure or anything.
16. Miami Dolphins (7-6); Last Week- 16
Miami’s win against the Jets on Sunday was one of the ugliest games I’ve ever witnessed.
17. Oakland Raiders (6-7); Last Week- 18
My preseason prediction of Tom Cable winning Coach of the Year looks pretty, pretty dumb.
18. Houston Texans (5-8); Last Week- 15
If you missed last night’s game in Houston, I feel sorry for you. That was the best game I’ve seen all year, by far.
19. St. Louis Rams (6-7); Last Week- 22
You’re looking at a division leader right here.
20. Dallas Cowboys (4-9); Last Week- 24
If the draft was today, the Cowboys would have the sixth overall selection. I think they’ll end up with closer to the 10th.
21. Tennessee Titans (5-8); Last Week- 19
So the Randy Moss signing looks awesome.
22. San Francisco 49ers (5-8); Last Week- 20
I still think Alex Smith will lead this team to the playoffs. 7-9 might get it done.
23. Minnesota Vikings (5-8); Last Week- 21
The streak is over. I think I speak for the majority of football fans when I say “Who gives a sh*t?”
24. Seattle Seahawks (6-7); Last Week- 26
The Seahawks have the Falcons this week, but San Fran and St. Louis also drew difficult opponents.
25. Cleveland Browns (5-8); Last Week- 23
I really have nothing informative to say here.
26. Washington Redskins (5-8); Last Week- 25
The Redskins seem like they’re doing everything possible to “win” last place in the NFC East. They’ve got the talent to do it. Good luck guys.
27. Arizona Cardinals (4-9); Last Week- 27
Who would you rather have at quarterback: Derek Anderson or Anderson Cooper?
28. Cincinnati Bengals (2-11); Last Week- 28
It’s clear that Cincy has given up on the season, but this week’s matchup against the Browns should be about pride.
29. Buffalo Bills (3-10); Last Week 29
The Bills have played well enough to win about five games this year, which is outstanding considering they’re probably the league’s least-talented team.
30. Detroit Lions (3-10); Last Week- 31
The Lions can be a spoiler to the Bucs’ playoff hopes this Sunday in Tampa.
31. Denver Broncos (3-10); Last Week- 30
It’s hard to think of Broncos jokes since the munchkin got fired.
32. Carolina Panthers (1-12); Last Week- 32
Will the Panthers give up on Jimmy Clausen already and select Andrew Luck with the top pick in the draft?