Final Regular Season NFL Power Rankings
1. New England Patriots (14-2); Last Week- 1
This is clearly the best team in football right now, and I’m not sure who will beat them in New England.
2. Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4); Last Week- 3
With a first-round bye secured, a Steelers/Patriots AFC Championship game could be in store.
3. New Orleans Saints (11-5); Last Week- 2
It’s really amazing that the Saints are 11-5 despite 22 interceptions from Drew Brees this season. If he protects the football in the playoffs, watch out.
4. Atlanta Falcons (13-3); Last Week- 4
Is this the NFC’s best squad? Something tells me they’re going down at home early.
5. Baltimore Ravens (12-4); Last Week- 6
What an ending to what could have been a monumental collapse for Baltimore last night in Houston.
6. Philadelphia Eagles (10-6); Last Week- 5
The Eagles aren’t exactly red hot going into the playoffs, but Vick and the rest of the offense can get rolling in a hurry.
7. Green Bay Packers (10-6); Last Week- 8
This is my preseason Super Bowl winner, so I’m quite glad they found a way to at least get in the playoffs. A Wild Card game in Philly is no easy task, however.
8. New York Jets (11-5); Last Week- 7
I think people are too down on the Jets right now. They’ll go as Mark Sanchez goes, and I think he’ll turn it around.
9. Chicago Bears (11-5); Last Week- 11
I’ve been knocking Chicago all season, but they have their defense and special teams have the ability to keep them in any game.
10. Kansas City Chiefs (10-6); Last Week- 12
I projected a nice season for the Chiefs (I think 8-8 or 9-7…I’ll check later), but I definitely didn’t foresee an AFC West crown.
11. Indianapolis Colts (10-6); Last Week- 13
You kind of knew Peyton was going to find a way to get into the tournament. I don’t think the Colts have the defense or rushing attack to win more than a game, though.
12. Tampa Bay Bucs (10-6); Last Week- 14
I really wanted to see the Bucs get into the playoffs because Josh Freeman deserved it. He is so underrated.
3. San Diego Chargers (9-7); Last Week- 9
If you played out this season 1,000 times, I think San Diego would make the playoffs about 900 of them. Randomness sucks.
14. New York Giants (10-6); Last Week- 10
Is everyone else as happy as me that the Giants will be at home in January?
15. Oakland Raiders (8-8); Last Week- 17
8-8 isn’t a terrible season for Oakland, but I actually thought they had 10 or 11 win potential.
16. Dallas Cowboys (6-10); Last Week- 20
The Cowboys have the No. 9 overall pick and CB and DT/DE seem to be the most likely positions they’ll draft early.
17. Jacksonville Jaguars (8-8); Last Week- 15
Three weeks ago, the Jags had a win-and-you’re-in game against Indy. Today, their offseason begins.
18. Miami Dolphins (7-9); Last Week- 16
The ‘Phins have a ton of holes, and it appears the top one is at quarterback.
19. Houston Texans (6-10); Last Week- 18
How in the hell does Gary Kubiak keep his job? The Texans are loaded with talent and underperform every season.
20. Seattle Seahawks (7-9); Last Week- 24
This team in the playoffs is a joke. Josh Freeman led an otherwise mediocre Bucs team to a 10-6 record and is forced to watch Seattle this week.
21. St. Louis Rams (7-9); Last Week- 19
The Rams are getting better, but they probably would have been 5-11 or worse in another division.
22. Tennessee Titans (6-10); Last Week- 21
The Titans need to find a reliable quarterback to open up running lanes for CJ1.3K.
23. San Francisco 49ers (6-10); Last Week- 22
It’s about time Mike Singletary gets canned. Now let’s see if the Niners learn from their mistake, or hire another militant, stat-neglecting coach.
24. Minnesota Vikings (6-10); Last Week- 23
Is Joe Webb the quarterback of the future for Minnesota? Let’s just see if Favre actually stays retired first.
25. Detroit Lions (6-10); Last Week- 30
The Lions improved so much this season, and the playoffs in 2011 isn’t too big of a stretch if Matthew Stafford can stay healthy.
26. Washington Redskins (6-10); Last Week- 26
With the Redskins needing a quarterback and selecting right behind Dallas, the Cowboys’ pick is extra valuable.
27. Cleveland Browns (5-11); Last Week- 25
Eric Mangini got fired today, and everyone is wondering if Mike Holmgren will take over.
28. Arizona Cardinals (5-11); Last Week- 27
It’s sad that this team beat Dallas, especially with John Skelton at quarterback.
29. Cincinnati Bengals (4-12); Last Week- 28
Coach Lewis has always had a long leash, but I don’t think he’ll be in Cincy next season.
30. Denver Broncos (4-12); Last Week- 31
Is it politically incorrect to say the word “Tebowner?”
31. Buffalo Bills (4-12); Last Week 29
The Bills will probably miss out on Andrew Luck, but they need a quarterback ASAP.
32. Carolina Panthers (2-14); Last Week- 32
It’s possible the Panthers will bypass a quarterback with the No. 1 overall selection, but unlikely with a new coaching staff coming in.