Dallas Cowboys 2011 Draft Class Highlight Video

Below, I have pasted a tremendous highlight film of the Cowboys’ eight 2011 draft picks.  Underneath the video, I posted the times of the plays I considered to be each player’s best.  Watching purely highlights can often be misleading, but it will give you a sense of the sorts of things each player is capable of doing.

Tyron Smith, OT, USC

0:50 – Uses intelligence to come off block after recognizing stunt

0:53 – Possesses incredible chop block, but will be asked to do that less in Dallas

0:58 – Best block of all; look at the agility, speed and power

1:11 – Screen. . .wow, he actually hurdles a defender

Bruce Carter, LB, UNC

2:11 – Huge hit

2:33 – Return after interception displays hips and agility

DeMarco Murray, RB, Oklahoma

3:40 – Return ability will be big, but can he return punts?

4:00 – Legit home run ability; 4.40 Combine 40-yard dash, but I think he plays even faster

4:56 – Leap is insane

5:05 – Agility, quickness, and fast-twitch ability all superb; power is there, but inconsistent

6:03 – Receiving ability second-to-none

11:01 – Special teams value as blocker

11:19 – Special teams value as returner

11:42 – Very difficult to bring down

Shaun Chapas, FB, Georgia

12:56 – Lead blocker through and through

Bill Nagy, C, Wisconsin

No highlights in video (or career)

8 Responses to Dallas Cowboys 2011 Draft Class Highlight Video

1. Jonny Danger says:

Great Video. I’m even more excited to see DeMarco play those were very good highlights by him. That blocked fieldgoal or PAT w/e it was by Tyron smith was an “OH SHIT!” moment for me, awesome. I know Chris liked my comment but Im serious about the “Bruce Lee” tandem fans love that corny stuff. I made my brother and I laugh last night when I said, “I got it Ill call them (Rush Hour)!” Im sure someone has beat me to it but you heard it hear first folks. Carter and Lee were the cops names lmao. Oh boy to much fun. Anyways Arkin didn’t have much tape but he knocked some guys down and/or just shoved them out of the plays he seems a guy I will enjoy watching to play. My favorite part of this film was the end ‘Bill Nagy 7th rd pick”…. video over lol.

2. Scott says:

great stuff JB.

“‘Bill Nagy 7th rd pick”…. video over lol.” lol indeed.

Murray seems to protect the ball well.In those highlights, always had the ball in the correct arm. Runs a little upright for my tastes. Looks thinner than his 213 weight. Agree he plays very fast. Pass catches I saw were wide open flares and check downs. Big whoop. Can he catch in a crowd? Beat a fast LB or a SS consistently? Run deeper routes? With his speed, it would great if he could flank out as a receiver at times.

Can Arkin put on some weight without losing any athleticism? 300 is a tad light these days for a 6′ 5″ OL.

BTW, this is just kind of a poll question, but who did everyone watch for the draft? NFL net or ESPN?

Kind of a NFL Net guy myself, although Mayock has turned into a wimp. He won’t blast anyone any more like he used too. Hate that.

4. Trent says:

Bill Nagy, C, Wisconsin

No highlights in video (or career)

now that’s just mean…

5. bW says:

JT seems to tackle high….that technique is not going to cut it in the NFL…especially against guys like Brandon Jacobs. Hopefully RR will coach him out of that habit (assuming the couple of highlights we see are typical of the way he tackles.)

6. Trent says:

@Vince_Grey

i watched ESPN, but i didn’t have a choice in the matter.

and i guarantee that john gruden was nicer to everyone than mayock.

7. Jonny Danger says:

I don’t ever watch ESPN and never will. I’m very blessed to be able to watch NFLnet. Even though they too can be morons. Eisen can kind of bug me and I agree Mayock has gotten to soft by being on tv for to long. I watch Total Access everyday and love path to the draft or around the league even if it can get repetitive at times. Just love football way to much. Plus the NFL films stuff can be very entertaining. Sorry kinda rambling now and probably rubbing it in Trent’s face not, my intention brother I feel for you.

8. Jonny Danger says:

Got me thinking NFLnet. I despise Jamie Dukes and that annoying smile…. he never stops smiling. As well as Faulk. We get it bud you hate Dallas but when Irvin gets exited for them don’t give him grief. I remember you the little saint fan-boy walking around with a chubby during their championship year.