2012 NFL Draft Rankings: Top 15 Guards and Centers
I really need to get moving with my rankings this year. I’ve spent so much time analyzing prospects in detail that I haven’t been able to come as far as I’d like scouting every position, and I’ve posted only 2012 Cornerback Rankings and Defensive Tackle Rankings thus far. Both of those lists had some surprises, and there are a couple here as well. I hope to have an overall board out within about a week.
- The round listed after each prospect’s name is the grade I have provided him, NOT where I think he will get selected. I view players with two rounds listed as on the border of each.
- Players with the *** designation are higher than consensus rankings, while those with ^^^ after their names are lower than the consensus.
1. David DeCastro, G, Stanford (First Round)
2. Cordy Glenn, G, Georgia (First/Second Round)
3. Ben Jones, C, Georgia (Second Round)
4. Brandon Brooks, G, Miami (OH) (Second Round) ***
5. Brandon Washington, G, Miami (Second Round) ***
6. Kelechi Osemele, G, Iowa State (Second Round)
7. Amini Silatolu, G, Midwestern State (Second/Third Round) ^^^
8. Peter Konz, C, Wisconsin (Second/Third Round) ^^^
9. Jeff Allen, G, Illinois (Third Round)
10. Philip Blake, C, Baylor (Third Round)
11. Lucas Nix, G, Pitt (Third Round)
12. Kevin Zeitler, G, Wisconsin (Third/Fourth Round) ^^^
13. Michael Brewster, C, Ohio State (Third/Fourth Round)
14. Tony Bergstrom, G, Utah (Fourth Round)
15. David Molk, C, Michigan (Fourth/Fifth Round) ^^^
A few thoughts. . .
- I’ve professed my love for David DeCastro before, but I really think he’s the best guard prospect in years. I think he’s well worth of a top 10 selection, even at an “inferior” position.
- I think Ben Jones is the class’s premiere center. . .by a lot. That means I’m very low on Peter Konz. There are rumors the Cowboys might target Konz in a trade down, but I really hope that is false.
- If the Cowboys pass on DeCastro in the first round (which seems likely), I think they should consider “the Brandons” later in the draft. If either Brandon Brooks or Washington drops to the third round, they’d be a steal.
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.