2012 NFL Draft Rankings: Offensive Tackles
- The round listed after each prospect’s name is the grade I have provided him, NOT where I think he will get selected. I view players with two rounds listed as on the border of each.
- Players with the *** designation are higher than consensus rankings, while those with ^^^ after their names are lower than the consensus.
1. Matt Kalil, USC (First Round)
2. Riley Reiff, Iowa (First Round)
3. Jonathan Martin, Stanford (First Round)
4. Zebrie Sanders, Florida State (First Round) ***
5. Mike Adams, Ohio State (First Round/Second)
6. Matt McCants, Alabama-Birmingham (Second Round) ***
7. Jeff Allen, Illinois (Second/Third Round)
8. Brandon Mosley, Auburn (Third Round)
9. James Brown, Troy (Third Round)
10. Mitchell Schwartz, Cal (Third Round)
11. Bobby Massie, Mississippi (Third Round) ^^^
12. Markus Zusevics, Iowa (Third Round)
13. Nate Potter, Boise State (Fourth Round)
14. Andrew Datko, Florida State (Fourth Round)
15. Levy Adcock, Oklahoma State (Fourth Round)
16. Matt Reynolds, BYU (Fourth/Fifth Round)
17. James Carmon, Mississippi State (Fifth Round)
A few thoughts. . .
- You can see my offensive tackle rankings don’t deviate from the consensus in the same way as my rankings of the other positions. I have just Zebrie Sanders and Matt McCants ranked higher than others, and Bobby Massie lower.
- I think Zebrie Sanders is a late-first round talent. He has more athleticism and versatility than Mike Adams.
- Matt McCants is projected by most to go in the middle to late rounds, and I think he would be a steal there.
- Matt Kalil is the best offensive tackle prospect I’ve graded. . .ever. It will be shame if he doesn’t go No. 3 overall.