2012 NFL Draft Rankings: Top Edge-Rushers (DE/OLB)
- The round listed after each prospect’s name is the grade I have provided him, NOT where I think he will get selected. I view players with two rounds listed as on the border of each.
- Players with the *** designation are higher than consensus rankings, while those with ^^^ after their names are lower than the consensus.
1. Melvin Ingram, DE/OLB, South Carolina (First Round)
2. Quinton Coples, DE, North Carolina (First Round)
3. Vinny Curry, DE/OLB, Marshall (First Round) ***
4. Whitney Mercilus, DE/OLB, Illinois (First Round)
5. Nick Perry, DE/OLB, U.S.C. (Second Round)
6. Courtney Upshaw, DE/OLB, Alabama (Second Round) ^^^
7. Shea McClellin, DE/OLB, Boise State (Second Round) ***
8. Cam Johnson, DE, Virginia (Second Round)
9. Malik Jackson, DE, Tennessee (Second/Third Round) ***
10. Chandler Jones, DE/OLB, Syracuse (Second/Third Round)
11. Jonathan Massaquoi, DE/OLB, Troy (Third Round) ***
12. Andre Branch, DE/OLB, Clemson (Third Round) ^^^
13. Kyle Wilber, OLB, Wake Forest (Third Round) ***
14. Bruce Irvin, OLB, West Virginia (Third Round)
15. Ronnell Lewis, OLB, Oklahoma (Third Round/Fourth) ^^^
16. Jared Crick, DE, Nebraska (Fourth Round) ^^^
17. Tyrone Crawford, DE, Boise State (Fourth Round)
18. Brandon Lindsey, DE/OLB, Pitt (Fourth Round)
19. Oliver Vernon, DE/OLB, Miami (Fifth Round)
20. Donte Paige-Moss, DE/OLB, UNC (Fifth Round)
21. Jack Bequette, DE, Arkansas (Fifth Round) ^^^
22. Jacquies Smith, DE/OLB, Missouri (Fifth Round)
23. Julian Miller, DE, West Virginia (Fifth/Sixth Round)
A few thoughts. . .
- I have Melvin Ingram rated ahead of Quinton Coples because I think the former is a better pure pass-rusher. Coples might wind up as a 3-4 defensive end, in which case his potential value to a team could drop just a bit.
- I love Vinny Curry’s burst, and I think he’s a first-round talent all the way. I’d love to see Dallas grab him in the second.
- I’ve explained here why I don’t like Courtney Upshaw.
- Shea McClellin, Malik Jackson and Jonathan Massaquoi all offer great value in their projected mid-round draft spots. McClellin’s motor is unreal, and Jackson has better pass-rushing skills than Upshaw, in my view.
- Andre Branch and Jared Crick are so low on my list because I simply think there are better athletes out there. Both players are potentially limited in what they can do.
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.