Breaking Down Tony Romo’s Passes By Distance
At NBC, I broke down Tony Romo’s passes by the distance they have traveled in the air:
- Behind the line to 4 yards: 57-for-65 for 351 yards – 89.2 passer rating
- 5 to 9 yards: 54-for-75 for 506 yards, 2 TD, 3 INT – 82.4 passer rating
- 10 to 14 yards: 14-for-29 for 218 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT – 56.4 passer rating
- 15 to 19 yards: 17-for-29 for 324 yards, 2 TD, 2 INT – 91.7 passer rating
- 20-plus yards: 10-for-20 for 253 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT – 114.6 passer ratingThe majority of Romo’s passes (64.2 percent) have been nine yards or fewer. Through six games, only 9.0 percent of Romo’s passes have traveled at least 20 yards in the air. Nonetheless, Romo’s passer rating of 114.6 on deep throws again ranks among the best in the NFL.
Read it all at NBC.
- Cowboys Play-Calling: Where are all the playaction passes? Why aren’t the Cowboys calling more playaction passes? I took...
- Tony Romo 2012 Projections Over at Dallas Morning News, I just published the second...
- Running the Numbers: Romo Versus the Blitz Why Romo thrives when he makes proper pre-snap reads...
- More on Tony Romo’s Deep Passing in 2012 I’ve written about five articles this year on why the...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.