One way to improve Cowboys’ running game right now
If there’s one way to improve the efficiency of the Cowboys’ running game immediately, it might be changing the nature of the play types.
There are a variety of ways in which the Cowboys might be able to improve their ground attack, the easiest and most immediate of which is to change the nature of the rushes. The Cowboys have been unbelievably “vanilla” in all aspects of their 2012 offense, and the running game is no exception. Whereas we saw hundreds of counters and draws from the ‘Boys over the past three seasons, the majority of the running plays this season have been dive plays. Here’s the full breakdown:
- Bootleg: 0.5%
- Counter: 2.5%
- Dive: 57.2% (3.27 YPC)
- Draw: 14.8% (4.36 YPC)
- End-Around: 1.5%
- Power: 18.2% (2.95 YPC)
- Sneak: 0.5%
- Toss: 4.3%
- Trap: 0.5%
Read the rest at DMN.
- Cowboys’ Running Game Needs to Improve At NBC, I took a look at the Cowboys’ rushing...
- Running the Numbers: More Cowboys-Eagles Film Study Stats My latest Running the Numbers entry analyzes some more stats...
- Running the Numbers: Film-Based Stats From Raiders Game My third post-game article is up at DallasCowboys.com. There, I...
- Running the Numbers: Why the Running Game Is Still Important Five reasons the Cowboys still need to run the ball...
- Cowboys Need More Efficiency in Running Game, Not More Attempts At NBC, I posted an analysis of the Cowboys’ running...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.