Running the Numbers: Tony Romo’s Stats Broken Down By Route
My latest Running the Numbers piece is a look at each route Tony Romo has thrown in 2012:
One of the new aspects of the Cowboys’ offensive plays that I’ve begun to track in 2012 is the route run by each receiver. I decided to monitor routes for a few reasons, but primarily as a way to gaugeTony Romo’s efficiency when throwing to various areas of the field. Every quarterback excels on different types of throws, depending on their particular skill set and repertoire of receivers, and Romo is no different. Let’s take a look:
- Angle: 0-for-1
- Back Shoulder: 2-for-4 for 13 yards, 1 TD
- Comeback: 11-for-16 for 129 yards
- Corner: 2-for-6 for 41 yards
- Dig: 15-for-24 for 195 yards, 1 TD, 4 INT
- Drag: 11-for-16 for 124 yards
- Check-Down: 15-for-15 for 112 yards
- Fade: 0-for-4
- Flat: 15-for-18 for 98 yards
- Go: 8-for-21 for 294 yards, 3 TD, 2 INT
- Hitch/Curl: 42-for-56 for 335 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
- Hitch-and-Go: 2-for-2 for 62 yards, 2 TD
- Out: 33-for-42 for 300 yards, 1 INT
- Out-and-Up: 1-for-3 for 66 yards
- Post: 7-for-15 for 170 yards, 2 INT
- Scramble Pass: 14-for-22 for 177 yards, 3 TD, 1 INT
- Screen: 10-for-13 for 31 yards
- Seam: 2-for-5 for 38 yards
- Slant: 30-for-37 for 362 yards
- Smash: 2-for-3 for 12 yards
- Swing: 8-for-11 for 41 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT
- Wheel: 0-for-3
Read the entire analysis at DallasCowboys.com.
- Tony Romo’s Passing Broken Down By Route At NBC, I took at Tony Romo’s successes and failures...
- Running the Numbers: Is Tony Romo Clutch? Assessing Tony Romo's late-game and late-season play...
- Running the Numbers: Interesting Stats From Cowboys-Giants Film At DallasCowboys.com, I broke down my Cowboys-Giants film study. In...
- Running the Numbers: Interesting Stats for Cowboys vs Panthers At DallasCowboys.com, I broke down the Cowboys’ game film. Of...
- Running the Numbers: The Stats on the Eagles My latest Running the Numbers piece is a statistical view...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.