At Dallas News, I published my first mock draft of the year.
2013 NFL Mock Draft, Version 1.0
1. Kansas City Chiefs: Luke Joeckel, OT, Texas A&M
With the Chiefs just trading for quarterback Alex Smith, it appears Joeckel is the frontrunner to go No. 1 overall.
2. Jacksonville Jaguars: Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
Floyd has risen so much in recent weeks that he’s probably one of the few surefire top 10 picks in this draft.
3. Oakland Raiders: Geno Smith, QB, West Virginia
The Raiders could draft Smith as immediate competition to Carson Palmer, or sit the rookie for a year before giving him the reigns.
4. Philadelphia Eagles: Eric Fisher, OT, Central Michigan
The Eagles desperately need help on the offensive line. Alabama guard Chance Warmack could be a consideration here as well.
5. Detroit Lions: Dee Milliner, CB, Alabama
The consensus top cornerback on the board won’t make it out of the top 10.
6. Cleveland Browns: Dion Jordan, DE/OLB, Oregon
I published a scouting report on Jordan three weeks ago and said there would be a chance he sneaks into the top 10. He’ll be the top edge-rusher on my board.
7. Arizona Cardinals: Matt Barkley, QB, USC
Barkley isn’t a top 10 talent, but I’d say it’s a longshot he makes it out of the first round. The Cardinals are rumored to have interest.
8. Buffalo Bills: Ezekiel Ansah, DE/OLB, BYU
I originally had NC State quarterback Mike Glennon here, but Buffalo is in position to grab a quarterback in the second round if they choose. Ansah has Jason Pierre-Paul potential.
9. New York Jets: Jarvis Jones, DE/OLB, Georgia
Another team that could surprise by selecting a quarterback, the Jets would probably be thrilled to land Jones here.
10. Tennessee Titans: Desmond Trufant, CB, Washington
Trufant has had perhaps the best offseason of any cornerback in this class. He’s 6-0 with sub-4.4 speed.
Head over to DMN to see the rest, including a somewhat surprising Cowboys selection.