I just posted my cornerback rankings a few days ago, and my defensive tackle rankings below have even more surprises. Click on players with links for my scouting reports. I will make a point to assess the tackles I have higher or lower than the consensus.
- The round listed after each prospect’s name is the grade I have provided him, NOT where I think he will get selected. I view players with two rounds listed as on the border of each.
- Players with the *** designation are higher than consensus rankings, while those with ^^^ after their names are lower than the consensus.
1. Brandon Thompson, Clemson (First Round) ***
2. Devon Still, Penn State (First Round)
3. Jerel Worthy, Michigan State (First Round) ***
4. Dontari Poe, Memphis (First/Second Round)
5. Josh Chapman, Alabama (First/Second Round) ***
6. Fletcher Cox, Mississippi St (Second Round)
7. Michael Brockers, LSU (Second Round) ^^^
8. Marcus Forston, Miami (Second Round) ***
9. Jaye Howard, Florida (Second Round) ***
10. Jared Crick, Nebraska (Second Round)
11. DaJohn Harris, USC (Second Round) ***
12. Alameda Ta’amu, Washington (Third Round) ^^^
13. Kendall Reyes, UConn (Third Round)
14. Mike Martin, Michigan (Fourth Round) ^^^
15. Derek Wolfe, Cincinnati (Fourth/Fifth Round) ^^^
16. Kheeston Randall, Texas (Fifth Round)
Some thoughts. . .
- The largest complaint I am sure to receive is how low I ranked Michael Brockers, but I told you awhile ago I see a second-round talent, and I’m sticking to it.
- Alameda Ta’amu might be rising on some boards, but not mine. Scouting report to follow tomorrow.
- I will probably have Brandon Thompson (yes, the one most have going in the second round) ranked in the top 10 overall. I think he’s a future Pro Bowl player.
- The abundance of tackles with second-round grades is intriguing. Josh Chapman, Marcus Forston, Jaye Howard and DaJohn Harris are all guys I think are second-round talents in the same tier as Brockers, but most will go in the middle rounds.
- I debated putting Jerel Worthy ahead of Devon Still, so you can expect to see them around the same area on my big board.
Any poker players out there? Want to play poker during your draft party? Head over to Party Poker for great poker and awesome prizes. Deposit as little as $25 to play with $50. Tournaments are happening all the time.