It’s hard to feel your best when your skin isn’t at its best. It gets more frustrating when you’ve already tried different skincare products and went from one skin treatment after another and still don’t get your expected results.
Perhaps it’s time to give something else a try. The following skincare routines are handy. The only thing about them is they may seem weird and strange.
What Are Unusual Yet Effective Skin Care Routines?
- A quick and effective way to get rid of any swelling, redness, and pain associated with pimples is by applying a dab of diaper rash ointment on the affected area. Try it and see the swelling go away. It’ll practically shrink before your very eyes.
- If you’re having a hard time getting your makeup off at night, try using coconut oil before cleansing. It can effectively take off all traces of makeup on your face. For the area around your eyes, it is recommended that you use your ring finger (being the weakest) to rub off your eye makeup from the highly-sensitive area.
- Get the most from your cleanser and exfoliator by opening up your pores pre-cleanse. Grab a muslin cloth (one that’s big enough to cover your face) and run it through hot water. Put it on your face and take a deep breath. Repeat this two more times to open your pores and soften your skin. Doing this lets the product seep into your skin instead of just sitting on the surface.
- Oily skin could be an indicator that your skin is dehydrated. A great way of hydrating oily skin, albeit a bit counterintuitive, is to use a facial oil on it. Applying face oil to your skin will tell it to stop overproducing oil, which will make it balance out eventually.
- Sometimes a dull and dry skin is caused by stress and a lack of blood flow. Keep your skin (and body) healthy by doing ten minutes of yoga daily. Focus on inverted poses like a child’s pose or the downward dog to increase the blood flow to your face. It not only reduces stress, but it also makes your skin glow healthily.
- To release skin toxins caused by free radicals and the environment around us, mix sea salt, Epsom salt, and baking soda and pour it into a warm bath. Soak in it for 20 minutes to free your skin from these toxins.
- If you want something natural for your oily skin, try this homemade remedy. Brew black tea in a cup, then leave it in the fridge until it gets cold. Apply this liquid on your face. Do not wash it off with water. As you apply it regularly, your oily skin will start to improve.
- For skin that’s extra dry and flaky, swap out your usual cleanser with a dandruff shampoo. It balances out the yeast levels on your face, which could be the culprit of your dry and flaky skin.
Perhaps you know other unusual skincare treatments that are as effective as the ones above. Feel free to share them so that others may know and try.
Meta title: 8 Strange But Very Effective Skin Care Routines
Meta description: Some skin treatments may seem weird to try, but they are proven to be very useful for nourishing your skin. Find out what they are here.
Infographic Provided by American Residential Services