Looking to buy car insurance but confused by the sheer number of plans on offer? Read on for tips to grab the best available deal by comparing policies online from different providers.
Ecstatic on the purchase of your dream car and ready to hit the road in your new set of wheels! Not so fast! Have you picked up insurance for your prized possession? While extensive research goes into selecting the perfect vehicle, people often put car insurance on the back burner. The importance of choosing the right coverage cannot be stressed enough. It is something that requires due diligence. Besides protecting your beloved vehicle from damage, theft and unforeseen mishaps, it is lawfully mandatory in India.
You could consider buying the policy from your car dealer, but it’s never the best choice. Odds are you may end up overpaying. Therefore, it is advisable to take the online route. It’s convenient, transparent, saves time and is paperless! Let’s find out how you can buy the best insurance plan for your car.
- Mull Over Your Requirements: Being aware of your requirements before taking the plunge is vital. Auto insurance plans are of two types. One is the third-party insurance and the other (comprehensive) that offers cover against the third-party liabilities, as well as personal damages. Scrutinise the policies along with their coverage carefully and then choose accordingly. Comprehensive plan though a tad steep is a better proposition and often recommended.
- Shop Around & Compare Policies: Prices of car policies vary from provider to provider depending on factors like the model and make of the car, IDV, add-ons, location, etc. The web platform provides detailed listings from multiple insurance companies to enable a quick side-by-side comparison. With the quotes from different insurers along with all essential information at your fingertips, you can weigh your coverage options carefully to choose a plan that is perfect for your needs and pocket.
- Cheaper Policy not Necessarily Best: When it comes to buying car insurance, a cheaper policy may not necessarily be the best. There is a strong possibility you may have to dish out extra cash from your pocket in the event of an unfortunate episode if you are underinsured. Look for a plan that provides adequate vehicle coverage and is value for money.
- Don’t Ignore Discounts: Yes, it’s true! Insurance companies offer plenty of deals and discounts on car policies, which can reduce your cost considerably. These perks vary from insurer to insurer. Compare car insurance quotes to snag a policy that gives you the best discount for your car.
- Check the Insurer’s Reputation: The price should not be the sole determining factor for the purchase of car insurance. It’s important to take into account the reputation of the provider, his goodwill, financial strength, customer service, claim settlement ratio, etc. Do some research, browse through online reviews and check customer feedback for their first-hand experience before taking a call.
As you can see, the web world can help you make an informed decision in terms of obtaining the best car insurance. It provides a transparent system, accurate information, and the facility to compare car insurance policies from multiple providers at the click of the mouse. So why reach out to insurance agents and needlessly pay more when you can take charge and nail the best plan for your cherished car online right?